Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Car accident, paralysis in right arm, numbing pain. Will toxins extracted from blowfish help?

I have a friend that last year got into a car accident and his right arm is now paralyzed. He says that he feels pain in his arm that its sharp, numbing pain. He said to me recently that it feels as though its getting more constant. Is it possible to have that pain even being paralyzed and is there anything that he or I might be able to do to help him with it? I also read an article on a new treatment for paralysis that stated toxins extracted from a blowfish will revitalize dead muscles is this something worth looking into?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
If there is complete paralysis then it will not going to recover after any drug treatment. I would suggest you to meet a nerve injury specialist as some time there is role of surgery like nerve transfer. Pain is not a good sign as it can happen due to nerve injury.
Answered: Wed, 30 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor