Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Car accident, knee injury, bruising, soreness, swollen lump, small welt under skin. Treatment?

I was in a car accident about three months ago and hurt my knee , no broken bones or sprains but major bruising and soreness. Now, I have a soft swollen lump under my knee Which is numb to the touch and hurts to put pressure on. There also seems to be a small welt under the skin where the swelling is? What is going on!? This happened three months ago!
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  223
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The swelling under the knee could be due to a soft tissue injury causing a collection of fluid or blood in the area. An MRI scan of the knee will help in exact diagnosis. The small welt in the area also needs a careful dry dressing for proper healing.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Sat, 18 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor