Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Car accident, bruised on shin, indentation, pain, difficulty sleeping. Treatment?

I was in a car accident in Feb. I still have a bruised area on my shin that is also indented. Over the past few days I have had pain around the area and it is uncomfortable enough that I am having trouble getting to sleep. After almost 5 months can the pain be related to the accident? Will the bruising go away? What should I do?
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  284
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

It is possible for the bruit to stay for such long time. However, it will go away soon. Apply ice packs locally thrice daily.

You should take simple analgesics like paracetamol thrice daily after food for 3 days until you feel better and comfortable falling asleep.

Get well soon.

Answered: Tue, 3 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor