Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Car accident, abdominal contusion, back sprain, belly grown, lump on left side, painful

I was in a car accident two days ago. The ER diagnosed me with abdominal contusion and back sprain . Since the my belly has grown by 14 inches around and it s hard as a rock. I also have a fist sized lump on my left side toward the front that is warm to the touch and red. When i sit, stand, cough , sneeze or just about anything that lump area gets a sharp stabbing pain that bring me to my knees. Is this normal or should I return to the ER.
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  502
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
you should contact ER because it must be due to hematoma due to tearing of some abdominal wall blood vessel. it might require drainage of hematoma and ligation of vessel . if left untreated it might get infected leading to abdominal wall gangrene
you should take it seriously
you should also get abdominal CT scan , ultrasound will not be effective in presence of hematoma of abdominal wall
Answered: Sun, 3 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Raju A.T's  Response

Welcome to Healthcaremagic.

This is not normal and you have to rush to the ER now as it could be a large haematoma which may resolve but there could be a site of bleeding which can open up any time.

Also damage to the vascular organs like liver can be suspected here which needs imaging test to rule out.

Wish you god health.

Answered: Sun, 27 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor