Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Cannot move the wrist, hurt while falling from stairs. Broken or sprained ?

I can t decide whether my wrist is broken or sprained. There is no swelling but it cannot move. The pain is growing worse and worse and has been hurting for a week now. I hurt it falling down a flight of stairs and have fallen on it several times since then. I am a minor and my mother refuses to take me to the doctor or emergency room.
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
If the movements around the wrist are painful and the movement is restricted associated with swelling then a bony injury is likely. No treatment and improper treatment can cause a malunion causing a joint malfunction for the rest of your life. Please do consult an orthopedician and get an X-ray done.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Tue, 14 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor