Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Canker sore in inner labia, burning sensation. On mirena IUD. Will I have a normal sex life?

For the past few months almost every time I have sex, the next day I have what looks like a canker sore on my inner labia. It also burns really really badly when I urinate because of the sores. It's not herpes or another STD's because I have been tested and have had the same sexual partner for 4 years. I'm just so frustrated because I NEVER had any issues until I got my Mirena (IUD) inserted (which btw has now broke through my uterin wall, but thats a whole nother story) Now everything down there is out of whack! I don't know what to do but I'm almost completely unable to have a normal sex life. I need help!!!!
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013
Thanks for posting your query to HCM.
I can understand your apprehension and stress related to the problem which is disturbing your sex life.
As per the history given by you the only disease causing the whole series f symptoms is Candidal / Yeast infection. As per your history you have been tested for STD's, but hae you been tested for the Candidal infection. Even if you are been tested mild form of Candidal nfections are actually not diagnosed so frequently. This can manifest exactly the same symptomatology as you explained. You can worth try vaginal pessaries to be used at night (available as over the counter drugs) and oral treatment if is not getting better.
Vaginal douches two- three times with saline water mixed with gentian violet paint ( 1:1000) for 10-15 minutes daily ( this is a simple method where you take bath tub half filled with luke warm water and add pinch of salt and few drops of gentian violet paint). Abstain from sexual activity for at-least 15 days and after that use condoms strictly during every sexual act. Your partner may also need the treatment if you experience recurrence of symptoms once treated.
Hope to give you the best advice do give us the follow up,
With best health wishes,
Dr Sanjay K Kanodia
Dermatology & STD (Venereology)
Answered: Tue, 16 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor