Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Canestan prescribed for vaginal thrush. Have lumps in vagina. Proper treatment?

doctor never rang with my results and a few weeks later the infection didnt seem to go away so i went and seen my usual doctor and he said the test came back saying i had thrush so i got the three day caneston cream and used that it seemed to get better but it hasnt gone completly so i have now gone and seen another doctor and got a 6 day course cause he said some women need more treatment i have discovered tonight that i have two very small lups in the inside of my vagina and now i am scared it may be some thing else
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Canesten is one of the topical creams that is used for vaginal candidiasis, though there are other treatments.
YOur doctor was right in stating that sometimes additional therapy is needed.If you use the prolonged course and the response is inadequate then you should have a swab done to confirm that it is yeast infection and if there is any resistance to medication.

The lumps may have occurred as a result of the inflammatory process of the infection.
You can visit your doctor for an assessment.

I hope this helps
Answered: Sat, 22 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor