Can you take your IUD out yourself ?

Just wondering because i have no insurance and right now i have no job, i can go to the ER but then i have the bill... so what can happen if you do take it out yourself and how would you do it yourself?
Wed, 16 Sep 2009
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response
See it is not impossible to remove your IUD by yourself...but thats the last thing I'd advise u to do coz its not really safe. Can u feel the string? I know some women pulling it out by just giving a tug to the string, but then ive also heard it could tear ure cervix n all. If u cant feel the string...removing ureself is out of question. I would say dont try it ureself...coz if something goes wrong u end up with a more complicated situation n more expense than u'd need now.
Louise channell's  Response

I took my IUD sord out my self but only after accidentally pulling the cord after an incident with a stuck Tampon. It was easy to do as i didn't realise  what i was actually doing. Although it was easy with no pain or consequences for me i would reccommend going to see your gp.