Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Can you suggest medicines for fungal infection in lower abdomen?

hello sir i had a fungal infection around my lower abdomen 16 months ago. i had got some medicines, and they were extremely effective. my friend was telling me other day that he has a fungal infection around the same area, and i have 2 medicines which i think are for fungal infection, i just wanted to confirm whether they are for fungal infection or not? one is forcan 150 and the other is cetcip. other than these can u suggest me some medicines which would be effective for fungal infection? thank you sir.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for posting in HCM.
Possibly your friend has acquired a superficial fungal infections of lower trunk due to dermatophytes, commonly reffered to as tinea corporis. How ever nondermatophytic superficial fungal infections are not uncommon. So let him visit a mycology laboratory and get a skin scrapping and microscopy done for confirmation of a fungal infection.

The usual approach to the management of dermatophyte infections is to treat with topical therapy if possible.

Topical cream/ointment includes: terbinafine, miconazole, econazole, clotrimazole.
If he need oral antifungal and lesion is a smaller
Terbinafine, 250 mg/day for 2 weeks;
Itraconazole, 200 mg/day for 1 week;
Fluconazole, 250 mg weekly for 2-4 weeks

For Larger lesions     Griseofulvin, 10-20 mg/kg/day for minimum 6 weeks.

Flucan 150 is Fluconazole 150 mg tablet, an anifungal agent and cetcip is cetrizine, an antipruritic agent.

thank u once again. Get back to us, if any furher querries.
Answered: Sun, 24 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor