Can you still have heart conditions with a normal EKG ?

Can you still have heart conditions with a normal EKG?
Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Yes, it is called NSTEMI (Non ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction). However there will be symptom/s with elevated cardiac enzymes.

I have had continuous fluttering in my chest and throat for 6 days now. no other symptoms..I am very scared its my heart and an underlying heart problem and Im gonna drop dead any moment. I went to e.r. and then did EKG and ssaid it was normal, but heart didnt flutter for the minute i went threw the test. It wont stop..Can anyone give me advice. I have appointment with heart doc jan 22nd 2013. Im 39 years old female

My heart keeps skipping a beat. Whenever it happens, it feels like my heart flutters or jumps in my chest. I don t have any pain, just a strange sensation. This started happening to me a few weeks ago and I saw my doctor. My EKG was normal and my bloodwork came back normal as well. I started eating bananas for the potassium and shortly after that I ceased having symptoms. I figured I was just run down and it may have been related to a virus I thought I had recovered from. My doctor was not concerned, my heart sounded good. Now, a couple weeks later, I am having the symptoms again. It is almost every couple of minutes that it starts to flutter and makes me feel like coughing. I ve had potassium and that doesn t seem to be helping this time. Is there reason for concern and would you recommend I follow up with my doctor, or is this really just a benign condition that is annoying but nothing to worry about?

Wondering about EKG readings. Normal sinus rhythm, left atrial enlargement, borderline EKG. That s what it said. I m 42yrs old, no blood pressure problems and not obese. Actually no health issues, no medications. Maternal grandmother had heart disease. Only thing documented was she had rheumatic fever as a child resulting in mitral valve regurgitation and stenosis. She had 2 open heart surgeries however died from left sided heart failure and atherosclerosis. Only medical history for me is born with murmur that can still be heard, irregular regular heart rate, normal for me- flutters, palpitations, skipping beats. Today had some sharp pain on left side, dull shoulder blade ache, some tingling in left fingers, which is why EKG was done. Tingling is gone, still have dull ache in shoulder blade on left, once in a while I feel the pain in chest but now feels like more of a sharp finger poke that catches my breath. Can you be born with this ? Like part of genetic makeup?