Can you never participate in hard sports if your on coumadin?

My son has BAV with trivial narrowing at this point however if it gets to a point where its severe narrowing or leaking he will have to have a valve replacement, and hes only 14 months. I wonder if he has this surgery will he be put on coumadin and why cant they participate in contact sports? based on #4 answer I mean if he has a valve surgery I have been told that he will be on coumadin for the rest of his life, and I meant later on (high school) I am sad to think that I will have to tell him that he cannot participate in sports. (if thats the case)
Tue, 15 Dec 2009