Can you have a heart attack and not be aware of it?

Can you have a heart attack and not be aware of it? I m just curious don t send EMS or anything.
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
's  Response
if you are looking for a "silent myocardial infarction" it means in non-medical jargon that a small part of the heart has suffered heart attack and he or she is apparently coping well but is in for a rude surprise the next time it happens (it might not be silent the next time it strikes). i believe it is also called silent ischemia which simply means a loss of blood supply to a part of the heart, and one who has suffered an attack has barely noticed it. according to wikipedia, "approximately one-third of all myocardial infarctions are silent, without chest pains or other symptoms."