Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Can you give some information on Asperger Syndrome?

My grandson is 12years old he has gone through a difficult time after his parents were devorced, he know leives with his mother, my son has been told by his mother that various people believe that he has Aspergise Syndrome I'm sorry but I may have spelt is incorrectly, howrver I have search through on the ionternet for all types of syndromes and cannt find. could you throw any lighy on the subject with the little info I have given. thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
It is very unlikely that a 12 years old get diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, because this condition often manifests up to the toddler age. It is reasonable to assume that a 12 yo would be a little depressed over a divorce. The parents should consider getting him into therapy to help him adapt to the new situation. I hope he gets better, good luck.
Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor