Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Can you give me the information about child psychiatrist in Chennai ?

I would like to know about a specialist in Chennai in and around Velachery for my childs behaviour development , she is 12 years old and lacks concentration and poor in studies but scores good marks in maths so she is actually not dumb but requires the right motivation which i am not able to provide to improve her behaviour and attitude
Asked On : Sun, 19 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  106
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response
In a 12 years old the reasons for lack of concentration and poor in studies may be: 1. a part of inability to adjust psychologically between normal biological changes of adolescence versus expectation from the environment, 2. any family disturbance, 3. peer bully at school or any problem at school 4. not finding the subjects interesting other than math, apart from less possibility of adolescent depression or any core psychiatric illness. For definitive suggestion talking to the girl and her parents, face to face or by live chat will do the needfull. Dr Vijaya of Institute of mental health, chennai can be contacted. for further clarification, u can be in touch with me
Answered: Sun, 19 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor