Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Can you convert cylindrical glasses number of od- 250 SPH-075 CYL 165 axis, os-250-100 160 to spherical?

hi i got a prescription of od: -250 SPH -075 CYL 165 AXIS os: -250 -100 160 i got these glasses made but cant get used to wear cyllindrical my doctor would ask me for 100$ if i got there again to get this number converted to spherical, is it fine to wear only spherical, can you convert numbers for me
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  104
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Radiologist 's  Response
hi dear thanksfor choosing HCM

dear,sometimes it does take aroud 10-15 days to adjust to a new cylindrical specs
first get power of your specs recheked by your optician
if that comes OK ,better to get your refraction rechecked .you have not mentioned your age but at a young age not wearing the desired refraction may give you amblyopia which is a loss of one or two lines of vision loss in your casebut this is usually uncorrectable and irreversible.

my advice to you would be to wear your desirable refraction
Answered: Tue, 6 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor