Can vyvanse cause acne and excessive sweating?

did vyvanse cause my acne to get worse? i have been taking vyvanse for about a month and i am 18 years old, ive had acne since i was 16 but it got really bad after i started ing vyvanse. i think it caused my skin to get oily and i know for a fact this stuff caused me to sweat really bad in the mornings so maybe there is a conenction with that? should i switch meds for adhd?
Mon, 14 Jun 2021

Vyvanse contains lisdexamphetamine that is a long lasting nervous system stimulant which belongs to the group of medications known as amphetamines is used in the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder or ADHD as well as binge eating disorder. According to the complains of some consumers, Vyvanse may trigger acne. Vyvanse is a stimulant and almost all stimulants can aggravate acne. This can be happened by a variety of mechanisms such as dehydration, increased sebum production, increased stress or sleep disturbances. If your acnes become worse after start taking Vyvanse, then you should inform your doctor immediately for medical help.

Your doctor may change the Vyvanse and choose ADD treatment. Modafanil is an another stimulant that can be chosen instead of Vyvanse, because Modafanil has fewer skin related side effects. Again, according to the studies, ADHD itself is responsible for acnes production. Sweating is an another side effects of Vyvanse. About 2-4% of people who take Vyvanse may experience increased sweating that may reduce with continued use of this medication.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Zubayer Alam, General And Family Physician