Can vitamin d deficiency or painkiller cause puffiness in eyelids?

Hi. I had a bad spasm in the shoulder area few days back. my arm also got numb at times. the doctor advised some painkillers and muscle relaxants which m still taking. there hasnt been much help though. for past few days, my eyes (upper lids and below eyebrow area) gets puffy in the morning when i wake up. the puffiness subsides during the day. is it due to medicines or pain?? i also discovered yesterday that i m Vit D deficient with my level being only 10.9 ng/ml. are all the above things related?
Tue, 3 Sep 2019

Yes, pain killers may cause that. They interfere with the excretion of body water and cause fluid retention.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr AJEET SINGH, General & Family Physician