Can vitamin D supplements and calcium cause dizziness and nausea?

I am extremely dizzy and nauseated. Recently I was told to take 2000iu of D3 and 1200 mg calcium, since I have been taking those I haven t felt up to par. Last two days I have been really dizzy and nauseated, it caused me to fall this morning. Also have a dull headache. All of this comes and goes. Could it be the above meds causing this? Karen
Mon, 25 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

High-dose vitamin D therapy has been found to cause nausea, vomiting and lack of appetite for some due to high blood calcium levels.
So,I suggest you to recheck the dose with your doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.