• question-icon

Can viagra be taken in diabetic with kidney problems?

I am dating a man 51 years old, that has been on dialysis for about 3 mo. Kidney failure due to diabetes. I just started dating him and he can not seem to have a hard on. Is this due to the dialysis? Can he take viagra. We have tried stimulation and oral sex. Neither seems to work
Tue, 23 Apr 2019

In uncontrolled diabetes, there is hastened the process of atherosclerosis with narrowing of vessels of penis so proper filling and engorgement may not happen.
He needs to take anti-lipid drugs and control his sugar levels.
Yes....there is no contraindication to sildenafil. It can be tried.
Visit a sexologist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. AJEET SINGH, General & Family Physician