Can unwanted 72 pill hinder pregnancy and cause vaginal bleeding ?

hi doc, i got married 6 months back. i m 30 and my wife is 23. she is in good health. for the last one year she had been a TB (lungs) patient but she took 8 months strict treatment for TB and now she has completed her treatment in march 2011. later we consulted the concerned doctor as we were planning for a baby and as expected, the doctor replied us to go for pregnancy . However during the treatment we were strictly advised to avoid pregnancy and to use condom. which we did. now my problem is that i have been having sex with my wife without condom in order to pregnant her for the last two months but she is not conceiving. to be frank, she has taken contraceptive pill (unwanted 72) on the wedding night and later on 11th day after. as a result she had unusual bleeding for nine days. but now every thing is normal and she has periods regularly. could it be the reason for not conceiving if so plz advice me or otherwise tell me what to do i want to have a baby.
Tue, 17 Jan 2012