Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

162 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Can unwanted 72 pill hinder pregnancy and cause vaginal bleeding ?

hi doc, i got married 6 months back. i m 30 and my wife is 23. she is in good health. for the last one year she had been a TB (lungs) patient but she took 8 months strict treatment for TB and now she has completed her treatment in march 2011. later we consulted the concerned doctor as we were planning for a baby and as expected, the doctor replied us to go for pregnancy . However during the treatment we were strictly advised to avoid pregnancy and to use condom. which we did. now my problem is that i have been having sex with my wife without condom in order to pregnant her for the last two months but she is not conceiving. to be frank, she has taken contraceptive pill (unwanted 72) on the wedding night and later on 11th day after. as a result she had unusual bleeding for nine days. but now every thing is normal and she has periods regularly. could it be the reason for not conceiving if so plz advice me or otherwise tell me what to do i want to have a baby.
Tue, 17 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
  User's Response
Hi Zia Syed

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Unwanted 72 does not prevent pregnancy or cause problems in conceiving after that cycle. I advise you to keep trying for pregnancy and give it time. Please follow her fertile period and have sexual intercourse accordingly, thus increasing chances of pregnancy.

Good luck and Take care.
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice. Please wait for at least 3 to 4 months. Your wife is still young so there are bright chances of pregnancy. Do not become anxious over this issue. Try to take relation with your wife in the middle of cycle to increase your chances. In case even after 4 months you do not get pregnancy then you should contact your doctor who will ask for some tests and will advise accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Bye and all the best.

Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi sir/ madam.I really need ur help. I had unprotected sex with my boyfreind but then within an hour I took unwanted 72. Later after 4 days I had bleeding which lasted for only 2-3 days. I am really scared if I am pregnant or not? Please help! I don t want to have babies.

doctor1 MD

I have sex without any precaution on 9th march night..but i m not sure wheather my sperm realses or not but she has taken 72 pill at 10th marrch noon and after 4 days a little bleeding is going on 2-3days and now its going and more thing that shes period is over on this a serious matter for pregrancy or its a effect of pill..

doctor1 MD

I m 20 yrs old, before one week my precum is drop on my gf uper leg and on her panty, and she washed it wid water then she washed her hand wid water and then with dat hand she washed her vagina,but we dnt want to take a risk so,she takes a unwanted72 pill ,plz tell me it avoids the pregnancy???then after 6 days the vaginal bleeding is started,,,,we both scare and in fear what is going on,,so plz tell us sme advise,,,,plz plz plz,,,,we r in tention

Recent questions on  Sexually transmitted disease

doctor1 MD

hello i have pain after urination, weak urine stream and trouble releasing all urine from bladder. also feel some stillin tubes. slight pain during ejaculation. burning worse at night but starting to be more frequent threw day. had this about 3 weeks with bad burning so i went in after 3 weeks of trying to drink lots of water bc i thought it was a urinary track infection since my wife gets them alot. after 3 weeks wheni took pee test i was tested postitive for clamitia, but my wife who i had unprotected sex with the whole 3 weeks with symtoms came out negative for everythiig and got full paps and swab done, when i returned for 2nd test after meds i could alrdy feel it comeing back, but test came up negative for all stds. whats wrong? its becomeing more difficult to pass urine, more frequent burning the burning is like it pulsates from groin area when it does burn not a steady burn. it can hurt more when flexing that area or moving postions in bed. 26 years old 6 foot 140p ptsd and depression from iraq

doctor1 MD

before 8 months i had a sexual contact with prostitute girl without condam, and after 15 days i had pain in my panis and headche to till today.but i did HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases of blood test 2 times nothing can be found,so here iam wondering for good suggestion,can you help me?

doctor1 MD

I had unprotected oral sex with a girl I met at a party 5 days ago. She performed fellatio on me. The very next day I had a slight burning sensation at the tip of my penis. This got much worse the next day and so I sought out a doctor who suggested it was likely a fungal infection of the urethra caused by an infection in the girls mouth. I am booked to have an STD check after two weeks have elapsed just to check if it s something like chlamydia or gonorrhea. The burning sensation is nearly gone after two days of anti fungal medication and I have had no burning while peeling or discharge and my urine is clear. Does the diagnosis sound correct to you? Thanks

doctor1 MD

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...hi, I have an issue with my penis, during sex it becomes very sensitive, and more so after I ejaculate that I cannot continue which you can understand is rather frustrating. I have not had any sti or stds my wife has had an std before however she is regularly checked and I have been since. Please help as this is causing problems

doctor1 MD

can you get std or hiv from putting your finger up a vergina for 30 seconds , and the quick on the finger was a bit red from were i bit the finger nail no blood at all. thanks

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, The other night I received a lap dance. I had my underwear on as well as her. There was allot of friction back and forth where my genital area touched hers, but with both our underwear on. I even rubbed her a little bit and then touched...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, My exposure date - 22nd Dec 2016 - Kissing , touching cheeks , neck of girl of unknown hiv or std s status. - Nude bath in shower and kissing her while bathing and touched her vagina from hand.No Fingering inside. - Sucked and licked...