Can unprotected sex on 13th day after periods lead to pregnancy?

Hi. I am a 31 year old woman who usually has regular periods. For the past 6 months my cycles have gone between 27 to 30 days in length. I had unprotected sex last night which was the 13th day of my cycle. Actually, it was after midnight, so maybe I should consider it the 14th day. I have no health problems, and want to know the possible liklihood of getting pregnant. Please let me know. Can sperm survive for more than 48 hours?
Thu, 29 Jan 2015
Welcome to HealthcareMagic,
Unprotected sex on 13th or 14th day of cycle can result in pregnancy. In fact there are high chances as the ovulation takes place around the 14th day (release of ovum). The sperms usually survive 24 to 48 hours but it is sufficient to result in pregnancy.
In your case, YES it can result in pregnancy.
Hope that answers your question.
Regards, Dr.Imaad.