Can ultrasound scan detect cervical cancer ?

can cervical cancer be detected through ultrasound
Thu, 19 Jan 2012
Lab Tests ,  
Medical Topics ,  
If there is a growth it can be seen by USG but for early detection pap's smear and colposcopy is to be done.

hi! I am 52 yrs old, a mother of 5 & currently undergoing investigations for cervical cancer. I had lower abdominal pain on & off with vaginal discharges (watery) since few months. Accidentally it was found out during an abdominal ultrasound: Uterus normal sized measures 6.2 x 5.1 cms. Endometrium - 1.31 cm with hypoechoic shadows most likely blood. Rt. ovary - 2.01 x 1.87 cms. Lt. ovary - 1.67 x 1.15 cm. No adnexal masses detected. No free fluid in the cul de sac. Cervix appears normal The fluid in my uterus was removed by D&C wherein a biopsy was done & here is the finding: Uterine cervix, cervical biopsy from cervical growth: - Invasive moderately to poorly differentiated squamous cell carcinoma with glandular extension. - No definite vascular invasion seen in this biopsy specimen. My OBG told me that it is a stage 2 Cevical CA. She ordered for me CT scan & MRI, both with contrasts. here is my CT result: Impression: Bulky uterine cervix Multiple non-enhancing lesions in both lobes of liver ? cysts ?? metastasis. Ultrasound correlation is recommended for differentiation Low attenuating lesion of fat density in the right renal lower pole possibly lipoma My MRI will be resulted after 2 days. I am very anxious & afraid about this. Can you help me more on this? What is the next best thing to do?

I have been having heavy periods with pain pain during sex inflamed cervix and I had ultrasound and vag ultrasound showed free fluid ruptured cyst and blond filled cysts on my left ovary and was told it could be cervical cancer with my cervix being inflamed

im 22 one child about 175cm tall 70kgs i smoke havent had a pap smear in four years i have noticed my cervix is bright red swollen very sore i have back pain lower pelvic pain pain during discharge very tired and constantly feeling sick i dont have any sexually transmitted diseases because they have already tested that but im worried its cancer they didnt give me a pap smear but have sent me to get an ultrasound will an ultrasound show up cancer of the cervixs

Recent questions on  Cancer screening

Hi i am 30yrs and suffer from a cyst in my left breast which measures 2mm in diametre, since a year and lot of pain in my heart for which pain even raditates to my left hand and back shoulder and could here the fastness of my pulse in my neck veins nd six mnths back gone mammogram test which shows birads 3 nd doctor adviced to reoeat the test after six months nd 2d echo test signifies mild tr+,i am confused please help me out?

I was just told my mammogram came back as abnormal. Waiting to an auth to get a diagnostic mammogram. My question is: I have had joint pains on my neck, under my armpits and shortness of breath. Of course google and it may indicate lung cancer. Not only that but i listen to my body and I know something is wrong.

Persistant itch of right nipple, that has been present for a couple of months? No other symptom, just itch? No redness, crust, discharge, swelling. Have been on HRT patches, 75mg, recently incr/ 100mg, (estrogen) only due to excessive hot sweats, that i had never experienced, for months, didn t consider menopause, due to on HRT, my age. Have been on est only, for, maybe, 30yrs, due to inexplicable, erratic, mood swings, that i, & Doctors thought, hormonal?? In 2007, i was diagnosed with, rapid Cycling Bipolar!! So many years of disruption, to my life, huge financial loss, in Hypermanic states, depression, was diagnosed, in 1998!! The ups , i believed, were me, not depressd. But, so many years, on HRT??? Have not had a mammogram, or ultra sound, for maybe 13yrs ,as i have breast implants, since 1982, have been told, by Doctors, less risk of breast cancer?? A mammogram, in 1994, ruptured implant!! Did, continue checks, annually, but ultrasound. Last, 2001, then moved from Syd to Gold Coast, no checks?/ I think maybe, with what Bipolar has done, breast cancer, stupid i know, but, don t want to know. Far from an intelligent attitude, & writing this, maybe, since looking up causes, none, with added symptoms, make sense, relate, maybe, a little concerning?? Sensible option, have an ultra sound?? But, maybe no need?? Simple answer, just an itchy nipple?? I don t have a GP at the moment. So, could it be something to be concerned about, or nothing?? Annie

I recently had a mammogram, it came back perfectly normal. Since then I have had a dime size place high on my breast that itches terribly. At first it looked like a mosquito bite, but now there is only a smooth red itchy place. Is there any connection to this and the mammogram?

My husband has postprandial hypotension . It he has fallen, and sometimes he is lightheaded almost half the day. Dr.s don't seem very concerned about diagnosing the cause , even though it is debilitating. He is 65 yrs old five foot five and 123...

My mum had bowel cancer screening test and it showed blood in her sample. Mum had a colonoscopy and this has shown what they is a cancerous tumour in the rectum. They say it is very small at 4cm this seems big to me. Biopsies were taken. They said...

Hello. Worried about oral cancer . Used smokless tonacco for ~7-8 years. Quit 2-3 weeks ago. Drink 4-6 beers a day. Also likely have HPV as I used to get cold sores as a teenager. I noticed some sores on my tongue (picture 1). They have been there...