Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Can ulcers in the tonsils become cancerous ?

I have developed a small slightly reddish spot inside my mouth (on left tonsil)). i does not pain but, makes me feel uncomfortable while swallowing something. It has been there since last week. one day a very small pea sized particle came from that patch while spitting. I am a tobacco consumer since last one year. I am afraid, can it be cancer ? Pls advise.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Santanu,

Welcome to HCM.

Small red spots on the tonsil is tonsilitis, that is infection of the tonsils you can take a antibiotic for it and also do some warm water garglings daily twice. If it doent subside with that then you can get check up done.It may not be a cancer.Macrolide group of drugs are very effective for tonsils consult a doctor for further management.

Take care.
Answered: Mon, 8 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor