Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Can typhoid that I had 20 years ago cause pain in the tibia ?

hi , when iwas 20 years i had typhoid i'm now42 years old when i'm running or play foot ball i have pain in tibia bone is that shinsplints or typhoid male 42 years
Asked On : Wed, 6 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
dear patient,

it seems you are worrying about chronic carrier state . just go for lab investigation including blood culture and in some cases bone marrow culture to rule out chronic typhoid.
tibial pain may be due to some minor injury or strain . just reply with investigation.
Answered: Thu, 28 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic forum
Dear patient
typhoid is not long time disease.when you had typhoid your age 20y.and in that 42.
maybe again you infected typhoid.because its micro bacterial may take proper lab.investigation.
for pain in tibia.tke x-ray.its injury. thank you
Answered: Wed, 6 Apr 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor