Can typhoid pills be taken without refrigeration?

. I have to take the typhoid pills for a trip I’m going on! But I did not realize that the medicine needed to be refrigerated and has been sitting on my counter for about a week. Is it still OK to take them?
Mon, 25 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The answer is that it's probably not OK to take them. If you're talking about the oral vaccine then this has to be kept in the refrigerator. If the pills remain at room temperature for more than 12 hours then the contents can be affected and they won't be safe to take afterwards. Therefore you should try to find other pills and keep them under the recommended conditions (temperature between 2 and 8 degrees of Celsius).

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.