Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Can turmeric speed up the dissolution of clotted blood in a perianal hematoma?

I believe that i have an external pile or perianal haematoma on my anus . I don t think it is bad enough to go get it removed, but I would like to speed healing as best I can as it is quite uncomfortable. I think the best way to do this would be to somehow help to dissolve the clotted blood , I have heard turmeric is helpful with this in some way but I m not really sure if I should ingest it or apply it to the pile. If you have any suggestions on how I can speed healing I would appreciate it.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  179
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi ,
Thanks for writing in.

Turmeric is effective in wound healing and preventing infection.
Ingestion of turmeric is advisable.Topical application of turmeric can be problematic.
You can apply shield cream for the same.
Consult qualified surgeon for the effective treatment.

Hope this helps.
Wishing you good health.

Answered: Tue, 15 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor