• question-icon

Can tuberculomas or NCC or medication for it cause Diplopia?

After the Vidal Test found positive, my wife was treated for Typhoid for one month. Once the fever was over, she slowly developed Diplopia and weakness on left side. In MRI, Doctor diagnosed it as NCC and she was given Velprol 500 BD and Decdak 8mg. Some improvement was seen. But again same problem persisted and in MRI Contrast, Doctor dignosed it as Tuberculomas and advised for RCinex EZ, 2 caps a day in the morning. Though there was a scene of recovery but in the meanwhile she had a seizure and her condition deteriorated. Now Doctor has advised us to stop RCinex EZ as continued use of this drug (Now it is almost 2 months) may harm the optical nerve and start with RCinex 600+300 in the morning. She still has the Diplopia. Now our problem is that there is no surety whether it is a Tuberculomas or NCC? Please advise.

Pilloo
Mon, 22 Sep 2014
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
widal test is positive in typhoid. but what treatment was given. the disease you have mentioned are not related to diplopia. medication and typhoid causes general debility,which may be responsible for diplopia.