Can touching the mouth after using Triamcinolone cream cause a canker sore on the lips?

my son just start using triamcinolone today for a rash on his arms. I just noticed that his lower lip is extremely swollen and it looks like a canker sore on his inside lip. If he touched his mouth with this cream on his hands could it have caused this?
Wed, 27 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As per your query of canker sore on lips, my advice is -

1. It is not possible for Triamcinolone gel to cause such lesion.
2. Topical Triamcinolone is probably a healing agent of canker sore, so it is less likely to cause it.
3. It maybe either due to vitamin deficiency or allergy.
4. Take an antihistamine medication like Levocetirizine twice daily and multivitamin tablets.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.