Can the symptoms of a painful and bluish blister be caused by staph?

I acquired a painful blister on my little toe about a week ago. thinking it was from my shoes I just put some ointment on it and coverd it with a bandaide. However, it opened up and is red and swollen now. I put arnica on it thinking it was black and blue from having hit it against something. However, it continues to swell and dry skin is forming around it. Could it be Staph? should I see a doctor or treat it with hydrogen peroxide?
Fri, 17 Jan 2014