Can the hypothyroid medicine, Synthroid, cause Chronic Heart Failure or Celiac disease?

in the last year my 85 year old father has been diagnosed with having mini strokes. 7 mo ago also diagnosed with low Thyroid started 25mg (Synthroid Generic) for it, within 3 months symptoms of abdominal discomfort, bloating, fluid retention in abdomen, feeling of constipation has continually gotten worse.
Within the last month he has received ICD (pacemaker/Defib [previously had 6 way bypass 9 years ago up until this past year active healthy for age) blood test for heart functioning from surgery good but fluid retention in abdomen, bloating discomfort still there. BNP is increasing now at 1200. have other labs available if needed. Our main concern is whether CHF could be worsening from use of Synthroid medication? and if there could be possible chance of Celiac Disease?
Mon, 27 Oct 2014