Can teenage girl get prehypertension?

Can teenage girl get prehypertension?
Thu, 17 Dec 2009
yes you can get hypertension at any age......

I am a male, 17 year old with prehypertension. I am a vegetarian who excercises often and eats healthy aswell. My weight is 122 pounds and 5 foot 8. High blood pressure runs on one side of my family, but my question is, is this normal for me to have hypertension and will i be able to swim at my school with prehypertension?

Hi I am 28years old I have also prehypertantion problem from two years it s started when I m pregnant but now sometimes I feeling like fluttring in chest and sometimes palpitation . Is it serious ? I m too much worried about that my all tests like sugar cholesterol and thyroid tests are normal plz tell me what can I do I m too much worry I have two small children

i ve been tracking my blood pressure at the local rite aid and it appears I may have prehypertension 136/85 today, although I am stressed about having 2 teeth extracted in an hour. Is there any way to prevent it becoming full blown high blood pressure?

Recent questions on Prehypertension

136//79 good blood pressure

my wife has times during the day when her heart will suddenly speed up and she feels faint. her doctor told her she has low blood pressure, but when she has one glass of wine she gets a headache like she has hypertension. what do you think is wrong?

I am a 72 year old woman in good health with elevated BP in morning. Started Bystolic ( less than 2 mg at night) My BP was 113/68 with pulse of 62. Am I getting too low? My family doc says too low is a risk factor for stroke in older women. What say?

Hi, I am 46 y/o female (just turned 46), still active. My height is only 4'9" and weight 122 lb. But my BP and my pulse is high. Usually I don't go to see a doctor, only for my papsmear/mamo. This week I've had a cold and couldn't come to work. I went to see my doctor (after 2 years) and my BP was 150 (didn't tell me how much diastolic was). She just told me to come for another check up in 4 months. I called her next day and asked for some lab tests (cholesterol, creatinine, which I've had done 6 years ago). Why she didn't offer this to me during my visit? Anything else should I check? I decided to change my diet and checking my bp regularly at home. Interesting, that sistolic went down. The highest I've had 123 and lowest 103, but diasolic still high - 79-90. My pulse is 82-96. I think this numbers are telling that I have prehypertension. I work as a sonographer in a busy hospital. My work is also very stressfull. My father died suddenly from the heart attack at 67. My mother has HBP and taking meds. So, I am in high risk. What else can I check (tests) to examine my heart (coronary arteries)? I don't want to start meds.

have had neck pain for over a month - was bad at first like pulled muscle. Has gotten better, but hurts worse when I turn my head far left or right. Have Dr apt Wednesday, but just wondering

Hello...my husband is 38 and takes medicine for high blood pressure. His mother gives him a diuretic to take and, if he runs out of his own medicine, will give him some of her blood pressure medicine. Right now he is in the hospital for kidney stones...can any of this cause that?

Dear Doctor, I'm a 36 year old mail, 5'11", 242 lbs. (down from 250 lbs.) with prehypertension . My blood pressure is variable but the vast majority of the time is in the prehypertensive range. Sometimes, in the mornings, it is at or below 120/80,...