Can taking Digoxin and Metroprolol be safe for atrial fibrillation?

hello. was wondering if i should be concerned. my mother has atrial fibrillation as was given digoxin and metroprolol a few weeks ago. a cardiologist that checked her two days ago said that her heart rate is to slow & that those drugs weren t helping (she was feeling dizzy upon exertion...i.e walking 2-3 mins). now her heart is racing (approx 100-105 bpm and i m concerned. she says she feels fine but does this mean she s at increased risk of heart attack or stroke?
Thu, 28 Feb 2019