Can Swollen Bumps On The Arm Along With Itchiness Be Indicative Of Arthritis?

Hello my name is XXXX. lastnight i started to itch my arm that woke me up from my sleep i noticed after awakening i had red bumps on my arm that felt swollen and warm to the touch im pretty sure its a mosquito bite since there has been many around our home is it normal for my arm to feel numb with a lil pain ? Im a little confused with this pain i dont want to confuse it with my arthritis.
Wed, 1 Apr 2020

Rheumatoid artheritis bumps or nodules are commonly seen under the skin in the fingers (knuckles), hands or around the elbows. It is generally not seen in the arms. Rheumatoid artheritis rashes may be seen in the arms. Bumps on the arms are caused by bug bites or folliculitis (inflammation of the hair follicles), keratosis pilaris or some allergy / side effect of medicines you have been taking.

You are suggested to get clinically examined by a GP / Dermatologist to detect the factor causing you discomfort. For pain relieve you can take NSAIDS. Your treating doctor may prescribe a course of cortico-steroids, it is effective. In the meantime you can apply lacto calamine lotion or Soframycin cream for relieve in the affected part.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nupur K, General & Family Physician

Hello, Rheumatoid artheritis bumps or nodules are commonly seen under the skin in the fingers (knuckles), hands or around the elbows. It is generally not seen in the arms. Rheumatoid artheritis rashes may be seen in the arms. Bumps on the arms are caused by bug bites or folliculitis (inflammation of the hair follicles), keratosis pilaris or some allergy / side effect of medicines you have been taking. You are suggested to get clinically examined by a GP / Dermatologist to detect the factor causing you discomfort. For pain relieve you can take NSAIDS. Your treating doctor may prescribe a course of cortico-steroids, it is effective. In the meantime you can apply lacto calamine lotion or Soframycin cream for relieve in the affected part. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr. Nupur K, General & Family Physician