Can stress cause elevated Troponin levels, have high Blood Pressure and Triglycerides?

my husband is 28 years old, 5 10, 190lbs. Went to emergency room with chest pain and numbness in his left arm. Blood work indicated Troponin I levels at panic level and he was admitted. The ekg was normal, echo cardiogram was normal, heart CT was normal. They released him from the hospital and said the blood work must be wrong. I assume all five blood tests were wrong (unbelievable). His blood pressure has been high for over one year (minimum level of 130/80 pulse 80) and typically rises at night when at rest. His vision has deteriorated to the point that he cannot wear contacts and according to the eye doctor, is at risk of losing his sight. In addition, his triglycerides are 507 mg/dL. We eat a heart healthy diet - no red meat, no fried foods, limit sugar and salt. His kidney function is fine and he is not diabetic. He has experienced EXTREME stress at work recently which I believe contributed to the chest pain; however, if it is not his heart or kidneys, what else can cause the elevated troponin I ??
Tue, 4 Apr 2017