Can stress cause delay in periods?

Hello. I have now missed two periods. I m on the pill and never really had much of a period to begin with but missing two is concerning me. I have taken 4 pregnancy tests one being today and they are all negative. I ve been under tremendous stress, could that cause it or should I go in and make sure nothing is actually wrong?
Wed, 26 Sep 2018

I don't know the type of pill you are taking. If you write back to me the name I can help you. If tests are negative then you are not pregnant. Stress may be the cause but some types of pills too.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Olgeta Xhufka,