Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Can spasms in oesophagus be treated and with what type of medication ?

Hi , I ve had this teriible spasms in my oesophagus for at least 2 months now. Can it be treated and with what type of medication. My dr prescribed ciplacasc 5 5mg per day, but it has not improved. The simptoms is like somebody is choking me, and I feel that there is something stuck in my throat I m 43 years old, female, never smoked in my life, no alcohol
Asked On : Mon, 24 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  281
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query
Your history is incomplete and it is difficult to tell if it is dysphagia. You need to undergo endoscopy, if it cones and normal then it is most likely to be hysteria. You need to get a 24 hours pressure and ph monitoring of oesophagus
Have a healthy living
Answered: Fri, 19 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor