Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Can she conceive after being rubella positive ?

After 5 failed IUI's we are moving to IVF. Last month (Exactly on March 9) my wife had some rashes in her body and the doctor confirmed it as Rubella (German Measles)positive. She had undergone a blood test after 4 days(March 13) and reported Rubella Antibody IgM as 6.22 Index value and doctor had hold IVF. My question is when can she exactly start IVF treatment ? Do she need to test again before IVF? Is there any chances for her again? And do i need to test before IVF? And what all other tests to be taken before IVF?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  698
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  User's Response
If she has active infection , she should not conceive for 3 months as it may lead to miscarriage.. It does not require any treatment. It provides life time immunity.If you will test blood again for rubella, it will remain positive but still she can conceive.
Answered: Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor