Can sex life be normal after a rectocele repair and hysterectomy?

My doctor has recommended rectocele repair and hysterectomy due to years of unexplained uterine bleeding and a prolapsed posterior vaginal wall. I m concerned what my sex life will be like after surgery. I ve read that it can be painful, too tight, and that anal sex will be forever forbidden. I m 37, have had 2 vaginal births, no history of any other surgeries.
Wed, 11 Sep 2019
Pulmonologist 's  Response

Yes, you are right. Rectocele surgery can not allow you to anal sex in the future. So no anal sex after Rectocele repair. For vaginal Intercourse after hysterectomy, initially, pain will be there.

But with gradual dilatation, using jellies, the pain will be minimal.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Kaushal Bhavsar, Pulmonologist