Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Can sex four days prior to ovulation result in pregnancy ?

hi my hubby and i had sex 4 days before i ovulated we are trying to fall pregnant and now i feel very sleepy, had cramping and i have bad headaches and feel sick when i go in the car?? could we be pregnant??
Asked On : Thu, 12 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response

How do you know about the ovulation ? did you do BBT or vaginal mucous test ?

One can always become pregnant near ovulation days , within 48 hrs.If you have pinpointed the exact time then you are less likely to become pregnant as you said 4 days.It is better to wait till you miss your periods and go for the pregnancy test till then take safer medicine for nausea like folic acid , pyridoxine , doxilamine combinations if you want to continue with it. Still if you feel you can go for an ultrasound to see any endometrial thickness or an early gestational sac which is less likely to be there.


take care

Answered: Thu, 12 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor