Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Can petit mal return ?

My daughter had petit mal when she was a small child she is now 27 and thinks they might be, returning can this happen?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Feb 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  558
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

Epilepsy can occur at any age. since she has a history for this, its advisable to take precautions.

Answered: Sat, 27 Feb 2010
  User's Response
Petit mal seizures occur most commonly in people under age 20, usually in children ages 6 to 12.
now your daughter is 27 year old.there is very less chances.but take precaution
thanks for using HCM forum
Answered: Mon, 8 Aug 2011
Neurologist Dr. Shiva Kumar R's  Response
Thanks for the query. Petit mal epilepsy can return any time later in the future. No precautions available to stop it from coming back in the future. If it comes back you have to start the medicines. Take care. Bye

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Epilepsy specialist, Bangalore
Answered: Wed, 17 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor