Can people taking propanolol exercise, like running ?

Thu, 15 Sep 2011
Hi,Ranjit ji,
Thanks for query.
it depends upon for what reason one is taking propranolol,what he is having,what is his age.
So better to ask his treating doctor.
Ok and bye.
natasha's  Response
The key issue is the indication for Propranolol in the first place. Technically, it does lower your blood pressure and heart rate and won't let you build your heart rate to the max level corresponding your age and gender. Basically, if taking any medication - especially those prescribed by a cardiologist - you should get a precise advice on what you are and what you are not allowed to do. So, please, check with your doctor the level of exercise you're allowed.