Can pain during urination be due to UTI and can UTI last for 6-7 years ?

Hi there, I am a 20 year old male. Virgin. Several weeks after I turned 13 I started noticing an intense pain during urination. I told my Dad, but he shamed me and told me that it is because I masturbate, and if I wanted the pain to stop: I must stop masturbating. In fact I have gone several months without masturbating, and the pain is still there. As the years went by, the pain became more and more intense until last year, when I started noticing little dabs of blood coming out after I urinate. And this year, the pain lasts a little while after I finish urinating. It seems like the pain is coming from the mid lower shaft of the urethra , somtimes it feels like it is coming directly from the base of the urethra. It s hard to tell. I live on my own now and don t have healthcare . Is there anything I can do to make the pain stop? Could it possibly be a urinary tract infection? Could a urniary tract infection last for 6-7 years? Thank You.
Thu, 19 Jan 2012