• question-icon

Can pain due to hip replacement surgery and atrial fibrillation be treated?

My husband recently had hip replacement surgery, he has had open heart and currently is being treated for a-fib - they have withheld all pain meds from him - so therefore his heart rate is up due to pain and he has not slept in three weeks. What pain meds or sleep meds can he take that would be effective.
Thu, 26 Sep 2019
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello There

After going through your medical query I understand your concern and I would like to tell you that pain has to treated with pain killers but high heart rate or fluctuating heart is because of atrial fibrillation .

Hopefully this information will guide you properly.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap