Can nodules on the thyroid turn into cancer?

I have multiple myeloma and will be having a transplant soon. On PET scan showed nodule on left thyroid so today the ultrasound showed solid nodule 3.8 X11.6x by 1.1 cm. peripheral vascular increased. Recommend percutaneous biopsy recommended. Could this be cancer and how is biopsy done? Should have said 3.8x1.6x1.1 cm
Wed, 27 Jun 2018
Oncologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Yes this nodule can be from thyroid cancer. A biopsy can be done under local anesthesia to look for cancer cells.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.