Can nerve damage cause a bump on the nose after a dog bite?

I was bitten on the nose by a dog a couple of weeks ago. 10 stitches. My nose has a “bump” inside of it and the tip of my nose is numb as well as my upper lip. This sensation begin immediately after getting bite. My doctor said I had nerve damage and that is what the bump is Do you agree ?
Wed, 20 Mar 2019

The loss of sensation points towards nerve injury or damage. For that, you can be prescribed multivitamin and antioxidant tablet.

Anti-inflammatory medication also needs to be prescribed for the bump. The bump can be due to inflammatory swelling.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Parth Goswami, General & Family Physician