Can nephrectomy be done along with a hysterectomy?

I'm having a DaVinci partial left nephrectomy (with option to convert to open nephrectomy if required) for a kidney lesion to be immediately followed by open total abdominal hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo oophorectomy. I thought it would be best to have both procedures at the same time, but now wondering if that was the right choice as it will be a huge surgery. They have blocked out several hours OR time for both procedures. I've had general anesthesia several times in the past for knee surgeries, and never had problems upon awakening, but have never been under for more than a few hours. I'm very concerned about being sick when I wake up after being under for anesthesia for an extended period of time as I cannot imagine vomiting with a large vertical incision from the hysterectomy, and whatever incisions I will have from the nephrectomy. I won't be talking to an anesthesiologist until the morning of the surgeries. Any words of wisdom?
Thu, 17 Oct 2013
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

You should not worry so much. Removing both organs at one time is a very good idea. There will only one incision (in the middle of your abdomen). Nowadays, after a surgery patients usually do not feel any pain as we have great medicines. So you will be under anesthesiologist care and every pain will be eased with medicines. And so is with nausea.
So do not worry. Both procedures are quite easy to perform. Just need to take a little more time than a single one.

Hope this will help.
Regards.