Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Can myopia be treated without glasses? Is there a way to increase height?

Hi doctor :)
I read in some article that ur height depends on genetics. Actually my mom and dad both are short (not REALLY short but short) so im upset about my height too which hasnt increased since more than a month (not even an inch). Plus i also saw this formula to estimate ur maximum height which when i tried out, i found that my height would be short too (according to the formula) please help me out ...
One more thing is that im a little bit short sighted or having myopia . Can i treat this without glasses (any way)
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Dear Jcar, Hi, No doubt height depends on genetics , but it is multifactorial too. Like good dietary habits and proper exercise before the age of 20 when your bones are not fused helps you to gain height.If your age is less than 20 yrs and you have myopia you can wear contact lens for time being. After the age of 20 when your power is stable, you can undergo laser treatment for the correction of your myopia...TC ..Dr Ajay Shankar Kar
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor