Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Can my short upper body and long legs be made proportional ?

i have a short upper body..but i have a long legs...and its really confusing cause its not 20 yrs old there still a chance that my upper body will increase? please help me..
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  414
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
you should get it checked through a physician or an endocrinologist whether it is really proportional or not or you figure or constitution is similar to your parents.Your age of physical growth(height) is almost over.
Answered: Wed, 27 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, you have short upper part n long legs this is due to imbalance disbalance of hormons like thyroid, pitutary, growth hormon. first you have to mention your hight n ratio of upper n lower segment n arm span. you should consult with endocrinologist rule out the cause n start proper treatment.
Answered: Wed, 27 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor