Can my blood test confirm that I am a hbv carrier or not ?

hello doc iam hbv carrier and not active i want to clear it from my blood
Fri, 13 Jan 2012
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Treatment/Therapy
hello,
if you have chronic hep with active replication then you may need treatment for it with drugs like lamivudine,ifn,adefovir. but your case is not active.so ur an inactive carrier.its managed by serial sequencial monitoring of biochemical and serological markers over months. no need for antiviral therapy.consult ur doctor about it. take care.
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
hi
hbv carrier has capacity to spread infection to other.
HBV carriers recover from the infection completely and feel healthy.
They have no ongoing hepatitis or liver damage. However, their blood tests show they still have the virus and have not developed hepatitis B antibodies.
Therefore, they can pass on the virus. This is called an HBV carrier.
Because carriers do not develop symptoms or feel sick, thousands of people who become carriers of HBV never know it
There is no treatment presently available for this situation.
Carriers have a responsibility to practice safe lifestyle habits that will prevent their passing the virus on to others.
This especially includes protected sex