Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Can my back pain be cured or not please suggest me

Hello sir i am bhadrashetti, 38 year, from Davangere karnataka,INDIA 5 year back when i wash my pace. I got an MRI 5 back year back, doctor told me Disc bulge at L4 - L5 level they said I have a Mild Disc Bulge at L4-L5 level that MS (Ortho) said it is not that serious take bed rest. i got 3 months bed rest. afterwards every day left legs pain pain some time i am not get up bed because back is very tite, i am cosult lot of doctor no use My pain starts from left side only can i go surgery please advise me one more thing after intercourse pain rise I cannot do all the things well, I dont know whether this pain can be cured or not Please suggest me methods of reducing the pain.. I sincerely thank you all..
Asked On : Tue, 4 Jan 2011
Answers:  7 Views:  523
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
  User's Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum

1.Mild disc buldging is manageable by medicines & physiotherapy.
2.Surgery is indicated if the condition is severe &/ symptoms are severe.
3.You can try homoeopathy , it is safe for pain management .
4.Stiffness of the back is worse is cold/damp weather (for most people), so meanwhile you can try Hot fomentation (hot water bottle) at the site of pain, also massage with warm oil, at night. These will help you for a while in pain & stiffness.

Answered: Tue, 4 Jan 2011
  User's Response
last 5 year i am taking homeopathy from local doctor
some time reliaf some time rise
Answered: Tue, 4 Jan 2011
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. S S Soni's  Response
Mr. bhadrashetti
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum
5 Years back it was a minor disc bulge, but now after % years it may have progressed to an extent where this disc bulge is compressing exiting nerve roots, which may be the cause for the pain.
So, more important is to get a fresh MRI done, & if it shows diffuse disc bulge which compressing exing nerce roots, Surgical intervention (Micro or endoscopic discectomy) is the preffered treatment. If Disc bulge is not much, You can try PHysiotherapy (esp. lumbar traction & IFT).
Take care
Answered: Tue, 4 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
very very thank you for reply
sir one more thing Micro or endoscopic discectomy is major operation or minar is it available in bangalore it is available where i contact doctors in bangalore

thank you
Answered: Wed, 5 Jan 2011
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. S S Soni's  Response
Mr. bhadrashetti
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum
First get your fresh MRI of LS spine done. Let me know whether you need discectomy or not.
Any good neurosurgeon in bangalore will be doing this surgery & you have to find it out yourself. This surgery is very safe & result oriented.
Answered: Wed, 5 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hello sir
what is the cost of Micro endoscopic discectomy in bangalore
Answered: Sat, 8 Jan 2011
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Praveen's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic.
You need to consult a Orthopaedic doctor to get examined & for treatment.You may require investigations fresh MRI of spine to locate the problem. lumbar traction will increases the intervertebral distance allowing reduction of the disc protrusion.start spinal exercises as well as postural guidance during rest and work is very important.
Answered: Fri, 22 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor